For those who are more looking for a suitable destination for health or beauty services, it is important more than anything to have the right doctors, hospitals and well-equipped clinics and advanced medical equipment and this is exactly what is totally available in Iran. Using the best services along with visiting unique historical attractions and outstanding climate is the reason why hundred thousands of health tourists choose Iran as their destination every year.
Why Avicenna medtour
Why Avicenna medtour
At Avicenna medtour we take care of your concerns. Free consult in your language, finding the right doctor and well-equipped hospital, coordinating hospital affairs, booking a hotel, providing you an interpreter, transportation, travel or anything you might need, we are professional in providing it. We do not consider you a customer, you are a new member of our family ,So your only concern with us is to enjoy the trip ...
Cost of medical services in Iran
Cost of medical services in Iran
Medical and beauty services have always been known for being expensive and rare. But we are going to introduce you to a place where you won't have to wait in long rows and with surprising prices but at the same time providing very high quality of services . All you have to do is to compare the prices of our services with others, you will be definitely amazed. Just request a free consultation to find out the price of our service or free consultation.
What's gastric sleeve surgery ?
Gastric sleeve is a very modern approach to the treatment of obesity.Now this weight loss method is very popular all over the world and many people tend to do it. Gastric sleeve surgery can be performed both in laparoscopy and open surgery, and it's mostly performed laparoscopically. In addition,ghrelin hormone , which controls the appetite and encourages the person to eat, is produced in the upper part of the stomach so in case of removing this part of the stomach one feels less eager to eat. A larg part of the stomach is removed in sleeve surgery and only 20-30 percent of the stomach remains.The weight reduction occurs quickly after surgery in a way that:
- in the third month: one losses 30 percent of their weight
- in the 6th month: half of patient's weight is reduced
- in the 12th month: 70 percent of patient's overweight is gone
Of course, patient's commitment to the diet and weight control after surgery is very important because the stomach is able to grow and regain weight so those who are not careful with their diet may gain weight again, though this weight gain is only 10-20% of the initial state.
What's the procedure of gastric sleeve surgery ?
Fortunately, with the progress of medical knowledge, many less invasive and less painful surgeries can be performed for the patient, gastric sleeve surgery is no exception and can be performed in Iran and advanced countries by laparoscopy in a short period of time.
- general anesthesia and preparing the surgical area
In laprascopic gastric sleeve surgery,first of all patient goes under general anesthesia, and surgeon inserts the laparoscopy surgical tools called trocar into the abdomen by making 3 to 5 small incisions.
- filling the abdomen with gauz and inserting light guide cable for better view of the surgical area
Then patient's abdomen is filled with CO2 gas, and also the abdominal cavity becomes visible by sending a light guide cable through one of the holes.
- putting the liver aside using a special retractor
In this level, surgeon can put aside the liver using special retractors to get a better view of patient's stomach
- seperating the stomach from the spleen and colon
In this stage, ligaments and vessels of the greater gastric curvature are divided and the left branch of the vagus nerve remains unchanged. Stomach,spleen and colon are completely separated so they don't get hurt
- splitting the stomach to remove the extra parts
A measuring device called bougie is insrerted into the abdominal cavity through the incisions to measure the different parts of the stomach and determine the parts that should be removed and those parts get marked.
- sewing and stitching the new stomach length
By closing patient's new stomach length,20-30 percent of the stomach remains that has a volume of 150 ml.
- Taking out the other extra parts of the stomach
At this point, after suturing around the cut area of the new stomach, the rest of the extra parts of the stomach is removed by trocar. The sutures in this area are unabsorbable to highly reduce the chance of herniation
Am i a good candidate for gastric sleeve surgery?
Losing weight using gastric sleeve surgery is not recommended for everyone and only certain people along with doctor's opinion are a good option to have the gastric sleeve surgery.
Those who have the following conditions can be a good candidate for gastric sleeve surgery:
- BMI over 30 ( the higher BMI one has, the larger volume of the stomach is removed)
- Morbid obesity for over 5 years
- those who weight over 150 kg
- not suffering from alcoholism
- not suffering from an illness which causes obesity
- not being successful in using other losing weight methods
Preoperative care of gastric sleeve surgery
- controlling patient's general health through examinations and blood tests
- starting liver special diet two weeks before surgery to reduce the size of the liver so the surgeon can have a better view of the surgical area
- fasting for 8-10 hours before surgery
Postoperative care of gastric sleeve surgery
- patient is discharged two days after surgery
- changing in the digestive process and bowel movements for sometime after surgery is normal and you don't have to worry
- it is recommended to drink large amount of water and fluids after surgery
- daily walking and exercise can be helpful for faster recovery
- avoid lifting heavy objects
- avoid taking bath or sitting in hot bathtub for 3 weeks after surgery
- must use vitamins and food supplements after surgery
- it is necessary to have three small meals during the day
Benefits of gastric sleeve surgery
It is true that gastric sleeve surgery seems to be for slimming and losing weight but the significant point is that by reducing weight it treats other conditions too including:
- sleep apnea (sudden stop of breathing during sleeping)
- high blood pressure
- high blood fat
- joints arthritis
many of one's health factors get improved indirectly after having this surgery.
Gastric sleeve surgery complications
Gastric sleeve surgery is considered a low-risk method to lose weight and has very few Complications .Most complications occur within the first few days after surgery which all are preventable and treatable. the following are some of the complications of gastric sleeve surgery:
- food leakage from suture area
- bleeding in the surgical area
- vomit in case of consuming high amount of food
- Blood clotting in the foot (To reduce this complication, it is recommended to take a walk for few hours after surgery )
- chest pain
- hair thinning as a result of rapid weight loss
Does gastric sleeve surgery cause any gastrointestinal disorder?
Practically, the anterior part of the anatomic structure of the stomach will remain unchanged and the main parts of the stomach and the gastric connection such as pylorus and antrum remain unchanged so there won't be any disruption in the digestion and absorption process.
Does gastric sleeve prevent pregnancy?
No,gastric sleeve has no effects on pregnancy ability but it is recommended to be postponed until one reachs weight stability.
Is libido reduced after gastric sleeve surgery?
No but because of weight loss and fat mass reduction and health improvement the libido increases.
Why Iran is a good destination for gastric sleeve surgery?
Iran is always considered one of the leading countries in the field of bariatric surgeries in the Middle East and around the world.
The great desire of Iranians to have slim and beautiful body has led to a large number of bariatric surgeries including gastric sleeve surgery in all over Iran every year by top doctors and specialists in the most equipped cosmetic surgery centers. The High skill of Iranian physicians in performing gastric sleeve surgery has caused this surgery to be performed with the least side effects in patient's with morbid obesity and patients to have this surgery with peace of mind in hospitals and special centers in Iran whether in tehran or other cities. Every year, many travelers from the Gulf countries and other parts of the world, including Europe and US, travel to Iran to perform gastric sleeve surgery in addition to using the knowledge of Iranian physicians at the lowest cost.
Cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Iran and the rest of the world
Cost of medical care is always a major concern for patients, but it is interesting to know that gastric sleeve surgery is performed in neighboring countries of Iran and European countries with 5-6 times the cost of Iran. For example the cost of gastric sleeve surgery in India is 7500-8500 dollars ,in turkey 15000-18000 dollars and in US it's something about 18000-20000. The most important reason for choosing Iran as the final destination of many surgeries, including cosmetic surgeries is the good cost of medical services along with modern and well-equipped clinics and the most beautiful historical and natural sites, and the very suitable cost of the accommodation.