For people whose arm skin may look sagged as a result of age or weight losing, or those with extra skin and fat in the arm area, arm lift surgery might be the best option. This surgery is done in order to give shape to the upper parts of arms, to stretch the loose skin and remove the extra fat that causes the arms to resemble a "bat wing".
For those who are more looking for a suitable destination for health or beauty services, it is important more than anything to have the right doctors, hospitals and well-equipped clinics and advanced medical equipment and this is exactly what is totally available in Iran. Using the best services along with visiting unique historical attractions and outstanding climate is the reason why hundred thousands of health tourists choose Iran as their destination every year.
Why Avicenna medtour
Why Avicenna medtour
At Avicenna medtour we take care of your concerns. Free consult in your language, finding the right doctor and well-equipped hospital, coordinating hospital affairs, booking a hotel, providing you an interpreter, transportation, travel or anything you might need, we are professional in providing it. We do not consider you a customer, you are a new member of our family ,So your only concern with us is to enjoy the trip ...
Cost of medical services in Iran
Cost of medical services in Iran
Medical and beauty services have always been known for being expensive and rare. But we are going to introduce you to a place where you won't have to wait in long rows and with surprising prices but at the same time providing very high quality of services . All you have to do is to compare the prices of our services with others, you will be definitely amazed. Just request a free consultation to find out the price of our service or free consultation.
What is Brachioplasty?
Brachioplasty is one of the new methods to reform and fix the shape of the upper arm.This procedure is done by removing excess fat from the arm and fixing the looseness and sagging of the arm skin. In Brachioplasty procedure, the skin and the excess fat of the lower arm, which is caused by factors such as Heredity , weight changes, and etc are removed and one's arm takes on a natural and proper shape and form. Some of the factors which may persuade a person to have Brachioplasty surgery are:
- Aging in which the collagenization of the skin decreases and as a result the firmness in the skin of the upper arm reduces.
- Skin fluctuations caused by consecutively gaining and losing weight which causes the skin to become loose and sagging.
- Genetic factors which are among the inevitable causes of this problem.
- Long-term smoking which reduces the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Discrepancy in the size of one's arm and other parts of their body
- Use of hormone therapy and corticosteroids which cause topical obesity in the arms and striae and looseness and laxity in the arm area.
The most important thing about treating obesity and flabby arm is to pay attention to one's BMI. If patient's BMI is above 30, Brachioplasty surgery will be postponed until one losses weight.
- In case one's BMI is under 30 :
- In case of low fat accumulation and mild laxity of the arm skin, RF method is recommended to fix the arm.
- In case of high fat accumulation and mild laxity of the arm skin , performing lypolisis with or without liposuction is recommended.
- In case of high fat accumulation and severe laxity of the arm skin it is recommended to have lipolaser along with Brachioplasty.
- In case of low fat accumulation and severe laxity of the arm skin it is recommended to only undergo Brachioplasty.
Am I a good candidate to have Brachioplasty surgery?
If you also decided to have Brachioplasty surgery, you should know that the following conditions are necessary to perform this surgery:
- Having a relatively constant weight and no severe obesity
- Not smoking
- Familiarity with the arm lift procedure and having reasonable expectations of the results of the surgery.
- Physical health and the absence of background diseases which increase the risk of the surgery.
- Discrepancy in the size and shape of the arm and other parts of the body
Procedure of Brachioplasty or arm lift
The surgeon will consult the patient about the procedure of the surgery and the area where the excess skin will be removed and the changes which will be made. The Brachioplasty surgery or arm lift is performed under general anesthesia and the duration of the arm lift procedure is 2-3 hours. At First, Doctor will create patterns of the incision lines on patient's arm using a special marker then will make the required cuts using a surgical blade. Arm lift incisions can be made partially within the armpit or may extend from the armpit to around the elbow.These incisions are generally placed on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm depending on Doctor's discretion and patient's opinion. Then the surgeon hold back the the arm skin using special retractors and accesses the underlying tissues. Then removes the fat masses from the arm area and in case the arm skin is loose and sagging , the surgeon removes the extra skin to give the arm a better shape and form. Then fixes and tightens the underlying tissues of the arm using absorbable sutures including monocryl and finally, dressing will be applied to the surgical site with special bandages to help shape the arms through the elasticity made by the bandages. Using multiple procedures simultaneously with Brachioplasty is very helpful in achieving the desired result of arm lift surgery.
The following are some of this procedures:
- Lipolysis : In this method during the Brachioplasty, the extra fat is melt and crushed by the laser and is removed through the cannula of liposuction device.
- Liposuction: In this procedure the extra fat of the arm is removed during the arm lift surgery through two holes in the arm site and by dedicated cannulas.
- Eliminating the extra skin of the arm : in this method,the extra and loose skin of the arm is removed through two types of incisions giving the arm more beautiful appearance.
- Eliminating the skin of the armpit ( minimal incision) : It is performed on people whose their extra skin is more located in the one-third upper area of the arm and the armpit area and leaving less scarring.
- Eliminating the skin in all over the arm (extended incision) : This type of incision is used in people with hanging and loose arm skin from all over the arm to the elbow.This incision has a larger scar that can be recovered using scar treatment medication and ointments.
Who should not do Brachioplasty?
Brachioplasty or arm lift, like any other cosmetic surgery, requires patient's full health. If the applicant has immunodeficiency disorders, such as (MS-lupus-Sarcoidosis-diabetes-hypothyroidism) or using hormonal pills and corticosteroids, he/she must tell their doctor before surgery.
Preoperative care of Brachioplasty
- Taking blood tests in order to check patient's health factors
- Performing cardiac exam and EKG before surgery
- Taking shower and shaving the surgical site
- Stop smoking for two weeks before and after surgery in order to speed up the recovery process
- Stop taking medications such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin for two weeks before surgery in order to prevent excessive bleeding during surgery
- Fasting for 8-10 hours before surgery
Postoperative care of Brachioplasty
- Brachioplasty does not require hospitalization and patient is hospitalized a maximum of one night at the discretion of the Doctor if necessary.
- Wearing tight clothes and putting pressure on the arm is prohibited for two weeks after surgery.
- It is recommended that the patient slowly move his/her hands and fingers after emerging from anesthesia and begin lifting their arms the day after surgery.
- It is essential to take the prescribed antibiotics on time for 3-5 days after surgery.
- It is not recommended to do heavy activities for 3-4 weeks after surgery
- It is allowed to take shower 3 days after surgery.
Brachioplasty surgery complications
- leaving scar in the arm which extends from the armpit to the elbow.
- Arms asymmetry is seen in rare cases after surgery.
- swelling and bruises in hands and fingers.
- Damaging the underlying tissues of the arm including the vessels and nerves of this area.
- Infection and inflammation caused by surgery which is transient and is preventable and treatable by using antibiotics.
Why Iran is a suitable place to do Brachioplasty surgery?
The high demand for reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries in Iran has led Iranian Doctors to develop a unique skill in performing a variety of Bariatric and cosmetic surgeries, including Brachioplasty. The extensive experience of Iranian surgeons has led to a large number of arm lift surgeries in top cosmetic surgery centers and specialized hospitals in Iran annually, and that many applicants travel to this beautiful country to have surgeries including the Brachioplasty from all over the world such as region countries and also the european countries and US. The cost of medical services, especially beauty services around the world have been always a major concern for those seeking these services. But it is interesting to know that despite the very high quality of beauty services in Iran, the cost of many of these services including cosmetic surgeries, is less than a half of countries active in the field of medical tourism, as well as less than a quarter of Europe and United States.